Frequently Asked Questions
Connecting a District Apple iPad to Clarendon 3 Networks
Last Updated 2 years ago
Adding your Device To The Clarendon 3 WiFiIn order to enable your device to use our District WiFi, you will need to do complete the following steps:
1. Verify the Name Of Your DeviceWhen your device connects to a network, it is identified by its hostname. The defualt hostname is unrecognizable to technology staff, so we need to change it to be easily identifiable to its owner.
- On your device, tap Settings > General > About
- Tap the first line, which displays the name of your device.
- Rename it to be firstinitiallastname-ipXX.
- Example: John Doe would name his device jdoe-ip01.
- With any additional iPads in the classroom, increase the number.
2. Connect and Set Up The MDM Security ProfileIn order to connect to our District network, Clarendon3-Guest, all devices MUST have a local security profile.
Connect to Clarendon3-Guest and follow the below steps.
*** This profile allows District Technology Staff to track, monitor, and remotely control this device. It is a required tool for all district technology devices. Following these instructions for a personal device will enable the same controls. ***
- From the device, open: m.meraki.com
- Enter your Network ID: 034-476-2057
- Press register
- In the profile that appears, press 'install', then 'install' again to confirm
Locating Your MAC AddressYour device's Wi-Fi interface has a permanent, unique serial number called a media access control (MAC) address.Clarendon 3 requires your MAC address if you wish to connect to our Guest network as a staff member, or to connect to certain Wi-Fi networks.
This is important: You should not share your MAC address with anyone except authorized IT personnel. MAC addresses are unique and permanent, but they can also be spoofed by others. Please only give out your mac address through our District Support sites!
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap About.
- The iPad's MAC address - referred to as the Wi-Fi Address in iOS settings - is displayed on the screen.